The following software comes from the cards and tapes in my collection
and tapes from Ohio. The tapes in my collection were read using the
older program "t7" while the Ohio tapes were read and decoded with
the most recent program "g7t". You can tell which is which because
the more recent tapes have both a label and read log and a decode log.
Some explanation of terms and abbreviations may be helpful.
- PSCS is Puget Sound Computing Service, where my tapes came from.
- IBSYS is the IBM operating system.
- PR130 is IBSYS. The PR130 tapes are labelled as from IBM.
- SYSLB1 is the executable binary tape.
- SYSLB2 is the system library.
- IBJOB is the job control monitor
- IOCS is the I/O control system
- EDITOR is a batch tape editor
- IBLIB is the system library
- IBMAP is the macro assembler
- SORT is a sort utility
- IBFTC is the Fortran compiler.
- Symbolic means source code.
- APT is a CAD program for numberically controlled milling machines
- PR130-1 PR130 symbolic 1
- PR130-3 PR130 symbolic 3
- PR130-4 PR130 symbolic 4
- PR130-5 PR130 symbolic 5
- PR130-6 PR130 symbolic 6
- PR130-S PR130 symbolic
- IS270-1 IBSYS symbolic 1 files 1-4 1/2
- IS270-2 IBSYS symbolic 6 IBMAP, SORT 2/2
- IT270-1 IBSYS symbolic 1 (copy) files 1-4
- IT270-2 IBSYS symbolic 1 file 5 IBLIB
- ST470-1 IBSYS symbolic input IBSYS, IBJOB, IOCS, EDITOR
- ST470-1X Another read of st470-1
- FS270-1 IBSYS symbolic 6 IBFTC
- FB273 IBFTC symbolic input
- IBFTCA-1 PSCS IBFTC mod A symbolic input
- SG054 IBSYS SG054 output from blocked source
- 1D IBSYS unblocked system master
- ASYS1 IBSYS 2-tape A1 syslib 1 with IBFTC
- ASYS8 IBSYS 2-tape A8 syslib 2
- 573A IBSYS syslib 1 (old)
- 573B (more of 573, probably junk)
- 273 PSCS IBSYS syslib 2
- YALE1 SHARE tape 1
- YALE2 SHARE tape 2 distributions 29-508
- YALE3 SHARE tape 3 distributions 510-823
- YALE4 SHARE tape 4 distributions 824-1078
- YALE5 SHARE tape 5 distributions 1080-1346
- YALE6 SHARE tape 6 distributions 1347-1576
- YALE7 SHARE tape 7 distributions 1577-1595
- YALEX SHARE tape distributions 3001-3260
- YALEY SHARE tape distributions 3261-3542
This is a simulator I wrote many years ago. It passes the
709 diagnostics on cards but not all of the 7090/94 diagnostics,
particularly some tape diagnostics, and won't boot IBSYS.
I have not worked on it recently except to move the source to
more recent development tools.
For something to do, you might run the full diagnostic deck, which contains
nearly all of the diagnostics which work in this version. Do it like this:
Start the simulator. You can skip the "o" commands by running sequence.bat.
Type "or sequence" to put the diagnostic deck in the reader.
Type "ou punch" to direct punch output to file "punch".
Type "o1a tape1a" to direct tape unit 1, channel A output to file "tape1a".
Leave the sense switches up.
Type "-000000100037" to set up the I/O devices in the switches.
(This is the default, you don't have to do it.)
Type "lc" to load from cards.
Ignore the SPACE error from 9M05B, it occurs during the transition.
When the machine stops in 9B01A, type "st" (or just Enter, st is already there)
When the machine stops in 9T01A, type "st".
After the stop at 00064, type "lt".
When the machine stops in 9T02B, type "st".
The last diagnostic (9M08A) does not exit.
Exit with "q".
The diagnostic deck consists of:
9M21A Basic CPU test
9M04A Indirect addressing test (does not sign on)
9M05B Floating point test
9B01A Data channel test, tests card units and printer
9B01HDAT Data for 9B01A (first section, SSW 5 up)
9T01A Tape test 1
9T02A Tape test 2
9M08A Floating point simulation test (does not sign on, does not exit)
Back to the Collection